Gardening, watering, playing in the sprinklers, driving toy tractors in the dirt, helping dad fix broken down pivots, farming hay - all that times the number of people in our family and we've got a whole heck of a lot of laundry to do!
Throughout my motherhood experience I've tried several different approaches to tackling the laundry dilemma: doing laundry once a week, three times a week, assigning someone to do it all, having everyone do their own, etc.
Currently our laundry plan looks like this:
- 1 person is assigned the laundry for one month.
- They are in charge of keeping it rotated every day.
- They only have to do bath towels, tablecloths, and kitchen towels.
- Everyone six and older is in charge of washing their own clothes and bed linens on their assigned day.
- Each person is in charge of folding their own clothes and putting it away.
|I had to capture the rare moment when laundry was completely done!|
|See! No clothes in the hampers!!|
How do you do laundry at your house? Do you only wash once a week? Are you in charge? Do your kids wash their own? Do you have a big enough laundry room?